Applications for two $56,000 Fellowships Due Friday, February 28, 2020
|Fresno, CA (January 13, 2020) – Through the generosity of The Wonderful Company, San Joaquin Valley students will have the opportunity to become the next generation of Valley leaders through The Wonderful Public Service Graduate Fellowship. This program helps students obtain an advanced degree from a top graduate program, return home, and apply what they have learned to help make the Valley a better place. |
The Maddy Institute will award two $56,000 Fellowships to Valley students who are accepted into a nationally ranked, qualified graduate program in the fall of 2020. This Fellowship, now in its sixth year, is made possible by a generous gift from philanthropists and entrepreneurs Lynda and Stewart Resnick, co-owners of The Wonderful Company.
The Resnicks are dedicated to making the Central Valley a better place to live, work, and learn. They share the Maddy Institute’s commitment to opportunity and excellence in education for Valley students like Gilbert Felix from Sanger, CA: “The Wonderful Fellowship helped give me the opportunity to pursue a Master in Public Policy at USC and return to the Valley to put that education to use as the District Director of Congressman TJ Cox. I am grateful for this opportunity and I look forward to continue driving progress here in our Valley through public policy and elected office.”
For a general overview of the Fellowship, please visit here.
Deadline: Application must be postmarked, delivered, emailed, or faxed by 5:00 p.m. PST on Friday, February 28, 2020.
– Completed Application: All sections must be completed and signed.
– Resume: Must be current and completed. Resumes should include GPA (overall and for the last two years), major, and any honors received.
– Personal Statement: Not to exceed three pages, single-spaced. Statement should include: Why should you be selected as a Wonderful Public Service Fellow? What makes you the best choice to receive this fellowship? Once you graduate, how do you plan to use this knowledge to benefit the Central Valley?
– College Transcripts: Copies are acceptable. Name must appear on the document. Official transcripts indicating expected graduation date and degree will be required of applicants selected for the program.
– Letters of Recommendation: Submit three letters of recommendation. It is strongly suggested that at least one faculty member familiar with your work provide one of the recommendations. Each letter must be submitted in a sealed envelope, with the recommender’s signature across the seal.
– Must have a 3.0 overall GPA or higher;
– Must be applying or have been accepted into a graduate degree program in the field of Public Policy, Public Affairs, Public Administration, Social Welfare, Urban Planning, or MBA program for entry in fall 2020.
Please print or download the application here. All applications must be received by Friday, February 28, 2020. NO EXCEPTIONS. Submit via email, fax, in person, or mail to:
Mark KepplerExecutive Director
The Maddy Institute
4910 E. Chestnut Ave.Fresno, CA 93726
Office: (559) 278-1133
Fax: (559) 278-1167
About The Maddy Institute
The Maddy Institute was established to engage, prepare and inspire the next generation of government leaders and civil servants. Activities primarily focus on Citizen Participation, Policy Research and Leadership Training. Leadership Training programs consist primarily of an extensive government intern program for college students throughout the Valley, as well as The Wonderful Public Service Graduate Fellowship.
To learn more about The Maddy Institute, its products and core values, visit www.maddyinstitute.org, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
About The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world. Its iconic brands include FIJI® Water, POM Wonderful®, Wonderful® Pistachios, Wonderful®Halos®, Wonderful® Seedless Lemons, Teleflora®, JUSTIN® Wines, JNSQ™ Wines and Landmark® Wines.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $400 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.