Congressman Jim Costa offers internships to qualified current college students who are interested in gaining hands-on experience in a congressional office. Prestigious full-time summer internships are offered in Congressman Costa’s legislative office in Washington, D.C.
These internships allow students to actively observe the legislative process while participating in the administrative operations of a congressional office. Intern responsibilities include attending hearings, researching legislative issues, responding to constituent inquiries, processing tour and flag requests, opening and routing incoming mail, giving tours of the Capitol, and performing general office duties.
Terms and dates of internships over the summer are flexible to accommodate course credit requirements and quarter and semester students.
2019- 2020 Program Deadlines
- Legislative Intern Scholar Program in Washington D.C. & Sacramento for Summer 2020: Application postmarked, delivered, emailed, or faxed by 5 p.m. PDT on Friday, November 8th, 2019
- Must have a 3.0 overall GPA or higher
- Must be at least a Junior in standing (60 units completed) OR be a Graduate student in standing during the semester ofthe internship.
- Must be able to work full time for 8-10 weeks.
- Must act with the highest degree of professionalism and responsibility which also includes taking into consideration that backing out at the last minute would not only be very unprofessional but would put in jeopardy the future placement of other students like you.
For additional information such a scholarship amount and other please go to our FAQs.