The Maddy Associates provide financial support the Institute and host luncheons featuring a diverse array of distinguished state and national speakers to discuss topics of importance to our region, state and nation.
In June of 2005 The Maddy Institute officially launched the Maddy Associates program to bring together a diverse array of distinguished state and national speakers to discuss topics of importance to our region, our state and our nation. Modeled after the Commonwealth Club of California, the Maddy Associates program has been designed to be the key public affairs forum to for Central California – a place where community leaders and those concerned about our region can learn and debate issues of public concern.
- A Conversation with U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein;
- State of the Valley with Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr.;
- California: Political Trends and Planning for a Better Future with Mark Baldassare President and CEO, Public Policy Institute of California;
- Immigration Reform with Nationally Syndicated Columnist Ruben Navarrette;
- California’s Congressional Delegation: A View from Washington with Michael Doyle, National Correspondent, McClatchy Newspapers;
- Mexifornia with Stanford University’s Hoover Institute Fellow Victor Davis Hanson;
- California State Government: A Review of 2012 and the Outlook for 2013 with Dan Walters, Political Columnist, Sacramento Bee;
- Money in Politics with Ann Ravel, Commission Chair of the California Fair Political Practices Commission;
- US- Indian Relations: The Honorable Ambassador Venkatesan Ashok, Consul General of India; and,
- How California Became a State of (Beautiful) Struggle: Syndicated columnist Joe Mathews
All money raised by the Maddy Associates is used to support the programs of the Institute, including our work involving fact-based policy analysis, increased civic engagement and improved government leadership through training for elected officials and public managers.
We hope you join us in supporting the work of The Maddy Institute to help make our community, our state and our nation a better place for all of our citizens.
To learn more about the Maddy Associates program please contact The Maddy Institute at (559) 278-1133.
Kaye Bonner-Cummings, Bonner Family Foundation
Fmr. Assemblymember Connie Conway
Tim Curley, Valley Children’s Hospital
James & Coke Hallowell
Melissa Poole, The Wonderful Company
Brian Angus, Fresno County Equal Opportunities Commission
Barry Bedwell, California Fresh Fruit Association
Christopher Brown, Dowling Aaron Inc.
Holly Carter, Carter & Co. Communications
Mike Falasco, Wine Institute
William Lyles, Central Valley Community Foundation
Karen Morais, Baker, Peterson & Franklin
Richard Watters, Miles, Sears & Eanni
Jim Yovino, Fresno County Office of Education